SOUTHEAST NIGERIA REGIONAL NURSING LEADERSHIP SUMMIT/ MASTER CLASS.
Date: 3rd – 6th December 2018.
Theme: Institutionalizing Transformational Leadership and Best Nursing Practices.
Time: 8am – 5pm daily
Venue : Federal Teaching Hospital Abakaliki
Quality and safe healthcare services will remain an illusion without effective leadership among healthcare professionals. It is sad to note that despite abundance evidence from global best practices, most African nurses and other healthcare professionals are yet to develop the leadership skills that can transform care and facilitate the delivery of quality, safe, accessible and affordable healthcare. Hence, there is an urgent need to build the capacity of nurses who can lead a change in status quo.
Furthermore, it is important to understand that many healthcare institutions in Africa have not been able to develop transformational organizational culture that create a positive environment for client care. Consequently, most healthcare professionals and their patients are exposed to a hostile environment. Another huge gap is lack of strategic planning and near total absence of soft skills (e.g communication skills). This factors makes patients management mostly chaotic and create a system where unprofessional behaviour and practices are common. To address this situation, there is need for structural empowerment so that nurses can become innovative in client management and attain exemplary professional practice in a system that is run by transformational leadership values.
The desire to initiate new thinking towards the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals inspired us into creating the Transformational Leadership master class. This program was design to take healthcare professionals through a journey that will strategically desensitize them from unprofessional practices and give them a new direction towards good leadership and best practices.
- To initiate sustainable holistic professional transformation in the organizational behaviour of Nurses and quality of their practice and broaden the worldview of Nurses about their role and opportunities in the healthcare industry in the Sustainable Development Goals Era.
- To explore effectiveness in Family focused care and brainstorm on the skills and activities that will institutionalize best nursing practices (Clinical Communication, Emotional Intelligent, Quality assurance/Nursing Audit)
- To explore technology in advancing knowledge and increasing access to health
- To improve practices, expand opportunities and influence healthcare delivery system through strategic planning
- Professor Ijeoma Okoronkwo
- Professor Omolola Irinoye
Delegate Fee = NGN25,000
Kindly complete your registration below and make your payment.